In 2009, 579 volunteers contributed 19,355 hours, the equivalent of $391,930 worth of labor, caring for The Colorado Trail.
- 204 Adopters a helpers spent 1,944 hours on maintaining all 486 miles of the CT
- 219 fallen trees removed
- Hundreds of water diversions cleaned
- Signage improved
Trail Crew Accomplishments
- 275 volunteers worked 11,941 hours on 14 weeklong and 2 weekend crews
- Seven-tenths of new trail constructed
- 5 new bridges built and horse crossings improved
- 25¼ miles of tread improved
- 353 water diversions built or repaired
- Signage improved, additional cairns on Cataract Ridge built and confidence markers added
- 47 downed trees removed
- Board members, operations, office and other helpers volunteered 5,470 hours
Click here to see the full 2009 Trail Crew reports.