In 2010, 531 volunteers contributed 24,035 hours, the equivalent of $516,030 in labor, caring for The Colorado Trail.
- 257 Adopters and helpers spent 5,680 hours doing annual maintenance along all 486 miles of trail.
- 474 fallen trees removed
- 1 damaged bridge replaced
- Hundreds of water diversions built or cleaned
- Signage, including confidence markers and steel and wooden sign posts, repaired or replaced
Trail Crew Accomplishments
- 248 volunteers worked 18,355 hours on 10 weeklong and 3 weekend crews
- 490 feet of new trail for the Continental Divide Trail Alliance built and 190 feet for future crews prepared
- Heavy maintenance performed on almost 3 miles of tread
- 478 water diversions built or replaced
- Board members, operations, office and other helpers volunteered 1,861 hours
Click here to see the full 2010 Trail Crew reports.