6th Edition CT Databook is not the most current. But we still offer it here, discounted. Some folks appreciate that it weighs around half what the 7th Edition Databook weighs.
See: 7th Edition CT Databook (waterproof, dozens more water sources, etc)
The Colorado Trail Databook, 6th Edition
Lightweight (not waterproof) and pocket-sized, the CT Databook is the “Cliff Notes” version of the CT Guidebook. Users like carrying it and referring to it on the trail.
The Databook answers your questions, including: How far is the next reliable water? Where might I camp tonight? How many miles? Where can I resupply? Information is presented in an easy-to-understand system of key words and symbols, plus maps and elevation profiles for each of the trail segments.
The 6th Edition, not being waterproof, is lightweight at only 3.9 ounces. It is pocket-sized, the CT Databook is the “Cliff Notes” version of the CT Guidebook. Users like carrying it and referring to it on the trail.
- Collegiate West – This Databook presents up-to-date routing for the 80-mile Collegiate West alternative including the major 23-mile reroute near Cottonwood Pass as well as smaller reroutes near Winfield and Boss Lake Trailhead. (Read more about the COLLEGIATE WEST – click here.)
- Entire Colorado Trail – The pocket guide covers every inch of The Colorado Trail. A glance and you’ll know what’s ahead.
- Bicycle Routes – It includes maps and detail for all five bicycle wilderness detours, guiding cyclists along the 539-mile CT cycling route.
- New Maps – The pocket-sized book presents revised and up-to-date color maps, adding key creeks, side trails and intersecting roads.
- Elevation Profiles – Each trail segment includes a precise elevation graph helping travelers gauge the effort required. Bicycle detours also have elevation profiles.
- Feature Descriptions – Readers will appreciate the more robust, mile-by-mile features along the trail. Improvements include refinements to available water sources, more campsite information and updated info on resupply locations. Carried over from the previous edition are the nearby fourteeners and where you’d diverge, plus road names & numbers.
4″ x 7″ (pocket size)
Paperbound (not waterproof)