Super important, training beforehand ups your likelihood of success.
- Hike hills (even stairs) up and down.
- Ramp up mileage & elevation.
- Ease into carrying your pack, increasing the weight.
- Tread on irregular trail surfaces (if possible).
- Train your feet and dial your footwear.
- Strengthen your ankles, legs, butt and back.
- Overnight with your gear and refine/repeat.
- Acclimate to the high elevations; start the CT gently.
Enjoy your training (it’s part of your trip) and your time on The Colorado Trail.